Is Your Microsoft Office 365 Backup Enough To Protect Your Data?
Just because you use Microsoft Office 365 — a service that automatically handles many different vital tasks according to industry best practices — doesn’t necessarily mean your data is kept under the correct controls for your specific circumstances. It’s important to double-check the way your Microsoft Office 365 backups are set up.
Are you sure your Microsoft Office 365 data is backed up? All of it? Your first thought is probably, “yes, of course, it is”… but it’s important for you to be sure.
Given that Microsoft Office 365 is a cloud-based platform, many users assume that their data is automatically backed up to a secure off-site location. But is that really the case?
After all, Microsoft’s first priority when it comes to management is the Office 365 infrastructure as well as maintenance of uptime on the user end. While Office 365 is hosted in the cloud, the fact is that your data is not backed up unless a third-party backup is in place.
You may assume that because Microsoft Office 365 delivers 1TB of storage for each user, you must be fine. After all, that space doesn’t cover your email archiving or mailbox. Without having your IT team set one up, Microsoft Office 365 does not automatically have a backup in place for you.
3 Reasons To Check Your Microsoft Office 365 Backup
Whether it’s the security and availability of your standard data or the way your email is being backed up, you need to make sure you have a viable backup solution in place.
Here are three reasons why:
- Data Retention Contingencies: At the rate that technology evolves (and how quickly your standard operations and concerned policies are required to keep up with it), it’s no surprise that some businesses find it difficult to keep up with. When policy development falls behind the pace of adopted technologies, it can often lead to gaps, which can affect data retention.
- Cybercrime: Data loss is often the result of poor digital security; without the right defenses, cybercriminals can easily infect an IT system with ransomware or other types of malware and compromise company data. You may have heard that the right antimalware solution will minimize the chance of data loss, but what about internal threats? It’s not fun to think about, but internal security threats (i.e. malicious employees) can cause just as much damage as external cybercriminals.
- Maintaining Compliance: When it comes to modern compliance requirements, redundant data backups are critical. You’ll want to make sure you know what’s required of your industry’s compliance regulations, and make sure you have backup methods in place to meet those.
NST Will Make Sure Your Microsoft 365 Data Is Backed Up
NST will equip your business with a robust backup solution designed specifically for Microsoft 365 data continuity, protecting a range of data types:
- Microsoft Exchange emails, attachments, and related data
- Microsoft SharePoint & OneDrive files
- Microsoft Teams messages and shared files
- Other calendars, attachments, and tasks based in Microsoft
Managed by the expert NST team, this backup service delivers a number of key advantages:
- Address and eliminate gaps in Microsoft 365 data continuity
- Maintain compliance with regulatory systems including GDPR, HIPAA, and more
- Scale the service easily to meet the exact needs of your organization
Don’t leave your data at risk with default backup capabilities. Invest in extra protection from NST.
Network Solutions & Technology is a unique full-service information technology service provider in New York City, Long Island & The Tri-State Area with the most skilled and knowledgeable certified professionals working in the industry.